- BMSBattery S06x
- LCD control panel
- BMSBattery S12S
- BMSBattery bottle battery controller
- Kunteng 18 mosfets
- STLinkV2 - Flash/program/debug hardware
- Flash and debug connector on S Series controller
- Debug OpenOCD and Eclipse
- Flash programming
- C library
- Various resources
- Motor control scheme of S06S controller
- BLDC 6 steps
- PWM schemes
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 1)
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 2)
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 3)
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 4)
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 5)
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 6)
- So, Which PWM Technique is Best? (Part 7)
- PWM control and Dead Time Insertion
- Low inductance motors
- Throttle Control Modes
- Endless-sphere.com forum messages
- 2017.04.25 - Initial forum message
- 2017.05.08 - First flash and debug on a dev board
- 2017.05.18 - First code flashing and running
- 2017.05.20 - more new information
- How to unlock proteced read memory
- STM8S003 board
Endless-sphere.com forum messagesOpenSource EBike firmware (STM8S microcontrollers)
by casainho » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 pm
I would like develop a OpenSource firmware for the EBike controllers. Why I am looking to this? because I want to use a well know controller that it is easy to repair/mod/adapt for my specific projects. I will develop the firmware for it, as OpenSource and I would like to share with others that have the same needs. My mission similar to the Tesla (https://www.tesla.com/blog/mission-tesla): "to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport" and innovation on personal light electric vehicles.
The idea is to find a cheap and widely available EBike controller that can be programmable. I am developing (since 2 years ago) firmware for the controllers of electric unicyles and they use the microcontroller STM32F103, that is very cheap and popular - the board is also cheap and widely available on market, comming from China. By the way, the hoverboards controllers use the same STM32F103 microcontroller.
For EBikes, seems a good candidate are the most recent BMSBattery controllers that does sinewave - S06S: https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/546-s0 ... e-kit.html
This controllers use the STM8S105xx, that seems easy to program. There are OpenSource tools for it and on EBay we can find, for instance, development board with price as low as $3!!
I will be keeping gathering information, from technical like information on how to program and develop the firmware to commercial, like the prices and links for the shops that sells this controllers.
I am using the notes taking CherryTree software that is free and OpenSource (Linux, MAC and Windows), to register all this information. The saved files is a XML and I will be commit the changes here: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-fir ... EE_xml.ctd
Everyone can download and see and even colaborate with pull requests <3
Attachments Screenshot from 2017-04-26 02-33-25.png (123.75 KiB) Downloaded 9 times Last edited by casainho on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.